Summer Landscapes – Why You Should Hire A Landscape Architect
Here in the landscaping business, Summertime is prime time for bringing new landscaping ideas to life. The possibilities are endless – so many ideas floating around; Should you plant a garden? Maybe add a pergola? what about lighting? Man, this is going to be a hefty project!! But the good news is you don’t have to do it alone. We put together a list of reasons hiring a Landscape Architect could save you time, energy, stress, and even money!
- It could help lower your energy bill: That’s right – having a Landscape Architect could SAVE you money! With their expertise in all things landscaping, LA’s are able to incorporate trees and large shrubbery that can actually help to lower your energy bill by reducing heating and cooling costs. Placement is everything.
- It will increase the value of your home: According to ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) hiring an LA can add as much as 15% to your homes value. “Arbors, installed seating, fountains, fire pits/fireplaces, patios, and even outdoor kitchens can create a space that is both inviting and environmentally sustainable. And research form Virginia Tech shows that landscapes literally grow in value over time, while traditional home additions or remodels start to lose value the minute the dust settles.”
- It is low maintenance: One of the many perks of hiring an LA is that they are knowledgeable about native plants. Native plants have many valuable traits including their adaptiveness and self-care, making the areas they occupy very low maintenance. “Native plants reduce water costs and often reduce chemical applications, and insects like bumble bees and butterflies flourish among them. One trend that relies on native plants is called xeriscaping, which reduces the need for supplemental watering or irrigation.”
- There’s always a plan: LA’s always have a plan. Whatever you picture, your LA will have the knowledge and expertise to make your vision come to life. Landscapes are more than just the appearance to LA’s – it’s a system as a whole. They will be able to evaluate your landscape area and create a plan that addresses every detail of how you want your landscape to look. With their expertise, they will guide you and help you select options that will make your area perfect. Often, the planning part of things can cause stress and a lot of time. Hiring an LA to take on those stresses for you saves you headache and time! Which brings us to our 5th and final reason that hiring an L.A. is best –
- Expertise from the get-go to the end: Landscape Architects are involved with your landscaping project from start to finish. With their expertise in all things pertaining to landscaping projects, they are able to look at your space and come up with a plan to save you time, energy, and even money all while bringing your vision to life. Don’t have a vision? Don’t worry! That’s also part of the expertise of an L.A. They are able to take your space and give you different options and ideas, completely transforming your area.
So while it may seem like a fun project at first, the stress of bringing your vision to life can really get you down. Hire a Landscape Architect who can help that vision come to life so that you can sit back, and watch the space of your dreams come true!